Saturday, November 08, 2008

I think I want to beat Shonda Rhimes with a stick

Warning: Spoilers for Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy.


I just finished watching this week's Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy.

And I'm scratching my head and thinking what kind of deep, dark past does their creator, Shonda Rhimes, harbor that makes her so full of hate of healthy, mutually beneficial relationships???

What?

Why?

I mean, seriously, it finally looks like she is going to bring Sam and Naomi back together, and, without warning, these two people, who CLEARLY have a satisfying sex life together ,who are able to WORK TOGETHER and raise a daughter together, but, WTF?? They have to LET GO so they can find some kind of elusive happiness in a world where the continue to work together and raise a daughter together, but, being a couple is not doable?

Newsflash to Sam and Naomi (and Shonda): if you are able to work together and raise a child together AND have mind-blowing orgasms together - YOU SHOULD BE TOGETHER. You have so much more going for your relationship than the average bear.

So 'splain to me why these people need to "let go" of each other?

Yeah, they don't. Because life is short and often cruel, and if you have somebody by your side who meets the above criteria? Who can be your lover and your friend and your co-worker and your co-parent? IT DOESN'T GET MUCH FRAPPING BETTER THAN THAT. So, hold on to that person and be eachother' s calm in the storm, because, in the end, that person who stood by your side is the one of the few things in life that really mattered.

And Grey's?

Oy, the old man with the "Rosie don't leave me" - did Shonda set out to BREAK MY HEART this week, or was that, just, a little bonus?

And Callie and Erica? I will admit that I don't buy them as a couple, but, the actress who plays Erica Hahn knocked that whole "you are glasses" monologue OUT OF THE PARK last week, and what does she get for her trouble?

FIRED.

Riddle me that one, batman.

Again comes Shonda, hater of the burgeoning mutually beneficial and emotional mature relationship. Wielding her relationship killing sword of destruction.

Oy.

I give up.

I'm going to bed.

LM

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Want to hear a real tragedy. I set up all my programs on DVR so I could watch them all when we came home from DC. I knew I probably wouldn't watch them while we were there. And when I got all comfy on the couch once we were home and tried to find them, they weren't there. Wanna know why? Because I'm SO stupid that I unplugged the DVR before we left. I watched Grey's Last night and was all sorts of behind. I'm very stressed about this. Almost as stressed as I was when that sweet old man wouldn't stop giving his wife CPR. {tear}

Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I KNOW!!!!!!

Saturday, November 08, 2008 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

I stopped watching grey's. It was supposed to be realistic, and I loved that. And then it stopped being realistic, and was all about breaking them down into small pieces.

Sad. But I still watch season 1.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I haven't started watching either of those shows but I might have to start with a box-set of Grey's. Right now I'm watching the new iCarly movie...that tells where my TV priorities are these days! haah

Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger BigOrangeDog said...

Yeah, the 'Rosie don't leave me' was the most horrible thing I've seen in a while. Sooo depressing. I wasn't a big fan of the pig stabbing last week either...

Sunday, November 09, 2008 12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped watching Greys a season or two ago for basically the same reason. Why did the Derek Meredith thing have to go on and off and on and off soooooo much? And then when George cheated on Callie with Izzy? There are enough people cheating on each other in real life. I don't need to see it on tv. Especially since George and Izzy make such an ookey couple. Almost as unbelievable as Grissom and whats-her-face on CSI.

Sunday, November 09, 2008 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Just caught up on Gray's...man, I kind of really hate that show these days. The Rosie bit was just heart-wrenching, though, in a good way.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter