Friday, February 10, 2006

They Eat Bat There

One more thing, on the subject of Dung and on the subject of Vietnam.

Okay, more than one more thing.

1. THEY EAT BATS

No. I'M NOT KIDDING. I was reading this in the travel guide. "More adventurous diners can dine on bat or snake."

I'm trying to decide if I am horrified by this or if they are my heroes.

Because, well, let's just say that I have a history with bats.

And it's not good.

It would be an understatement for me to say that I am out-of-my-freaking-mind-completely-and-irrationally-terrified of BATS. (See, I had this beautiful house once, and I had to sell it because...um...it's a long story. Maybe another time.)

So, anyway, apparently the Vietnamese have looked this at this devil creature, this flying mouse creature, and instead of running and hiding under the bed, they've thought about it and said, "Aha! Tasty snack!"

I have to respect that kind of thinking.

Not that, of course, would I be willing to EAT one. (Or snake for that matter. But, I don't find that shocking. I know people in the States who've eaten snake. And not just because they were hungry and it was the great depression or whatever.)

2. Back to the "ng" pronouced as "m"

In the same travel guide that advised me that I could dine on bat while in Vietnam, it was noted that the Vietnamese currency is the "dong".

Pronounced "dome".

Okay, so, put two and two together. If "dong" is prounced "dome", than it stands to reason that Dung is prounced "Dum".

So, let's all just say it together, one more time - IF THAT CHILD COMES HOME TO US - HIS NAME IS CHANGING.

That's all for now.

Law Mommy

1 Comments:

Blogger Space Mom said...

Hm, Mybe he likes bat?
I wonder what it tastes like. IF you think about it cow is a funny animal to eat. Maybe because it is too slow...we could catch it!
:)

Friday, February 10, 2006 4:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter