Saturday, October 28, 2006

No Joy in MoTown

Husband and Gabriel's beloved Tigers lost the World Series last night. We are actually in Detroit visiting Husband's family. There was much grieving and rending of clothes and throwing of hats in the general direction of the television last evening in the household of Lawmommy's-In-Laws.

For some reason, I thought Nicki's family (http://sixmonkeyjungle.blogspot.com) was leaving for Vietnam from Detroit's airport last night, so, I was looking around for them in order to say Bon Voyage, as we were picking up Husband's brother at the airport (he flew in from Seattle for a few days.) I didn't see them, and now I know why - they didn't leave until today! So,

BON VOYAGE Nicki's family! Have fun bringing home that beautiful baby girl!

Gabe woke up hysterical with ear pain again this morning. That is no fun. I'm not sure why the pain seems to center in his ears and not in his throat, but, it's all a mystery to me.

Nothing else to report,

LM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When your throat swells it puts pressure on your Eustachian tubes (drainage system for the ears) there by causing mad ear pain (I am the chronic ear infection duchess and I have huge tonsils) I know this is assvice but sometimes putting some olive oil in a dropper and heating under the faucet and then dropping it in the ear and sealing with a cotton ball can really help get the fluid draining again.

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I've heard all about the olive oil trick...everyone says it works like a charm. Hope he feels better!

Monday, October 30, 2006 4:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter