Sunday, April 06, 2008

and it's burnin and I have returned*

Home.

Nose - burned.

Shoulders - burned.

Cleavage - burned.

(Fortunately, the rest of the family has escaped the burnage. Only my Scandavian skin could not be saved by the multiple daily applications of SPF 50. Yes, 50. FIFTY. All I can say is that if I hadn't covered myself in 50, I would probably have burned up in some sort of spontaneous combustion international incident.)

Tired, but, mostly happy.

We got back to our house at 11:15 last night. (We were supposed to be home by 8:00 ish.)

Lana and Husband still asleep. Gabe and I watching cartoons.

Long review of the family resort we stayed at - Beaches Negril by Sandals - coming later today or tomorrow.

* Okay, so, I do totally know that Eminem is NOT referring to sunburn with this particular lyric, but, I couldn't resist the quote, which is, for credit's sake, from "The Way I Am" from The Marshall Mathers LP.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger KG said...

Ah, sunburn. So many different shades. . . there's the "Mildly painful but will disappear within 2-3 days burn" all the way to the "I won't ever be able to sit/wash face/lie down comfortably ever again" phase with blisters on top. Good times.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Sunburns on cleavage suck! I hope the review says it was all worth it! Good to have you home..... :-)

Sunday, April 06, 2008 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger mam said...

Welcome back -- we missed you.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter