Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Just the Name of a Sled, Discarded In the Snow, Right? RIGHT?

For reasons that I do not entirely understand, the secret service has revealed the code names for the new first family.

Secret Service Code Names for First Family

Two things:


  1. Does it strike anyone else as A LITTLE BIT DANGEROUS to reveal to everyone in the free world what the new President's secret service code name is? Just a tiny little bit? I'm thinking that this is one part of the SECRET SERVICE that is MAYBE supposed to be, oh, I don't know, SECRET?
  2. And...Sasha's codename is ROSEBUD? ROSEBUD? Really? Does anyone else think that this JUST A LITTLE BIT INAPPROPRIATE FOR A SEVEN YEAR OLD GIRL? Has no one in the secret service seen Citizen Kane?

LM

3 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

yes, #1 were my thoughts exactly...
now that you bring up #2...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I thought they were going to change the names for this phase of his protection...? I have no idea where I heard that.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

The names are for the sake of tradition...nothing more. The codenames serve no security function these days. :o)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter