Friday, November 14, 2008

Question

I missed posting yesterday. So, I'll post twice today.

I'm afraid this whole "post every day in November" is going to lead to more posting about television than normal.

Anybody else watch Grey's Anatomy last night?

Is anybody else completely in love with the last song that played in the episode?

(You can hear it here: Lenka - Trouble is a Friend) (Even though I want to beat the Grey's writers with a stick, I think whoever is choosing music for the show is doing a pretty good job.) (I have thought this from the beginning.) (I realize half the planet thinks the same thing. I didn't say this was an ORIGINAL post. I've already admitted it's about television.)

3. (This one contains spoilers for last night's episode. Just so you know.)



What the heck is going on with the Izzy/Denny story line?

Is Izzy hallucinating?

Is Izzy really being haunted by Denny?

Is Izzy hallucinating Denny's physical being when the person who is really there is Alex?

Is Denny inhabiting Alex's body a la Whoppi Goldberg and Patrick Swayze in Ghost?

WHAT IS GOING ON?

(Can I just say how much I loved Denny and how much I hated the writers for KILLING HIM OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE?)

Could the actors who play Denny and Alex BE more ADORABLE? (I think not.)

Do you know the actor who plays Alex has, like, FIVE children?

(Yeah, I know that this is a lot more than one question.)

Anyway, thoughts on last night's episode? Fire away.

Oh, I can of thought the introduction of the new intern (played by the same actress who played EVIL!WRETCHED!HOMEWRECKER!LAUREN on Alias) was funny. The way she came in, and had all this history and her own nickname for Meredith...I loved the interaction between Derek and Christina over the coffee pot, after they were kicked out of Meredith's room. It worked for me. (Although clearly the new intern is kind of a whack-job. Who slices into their own shoulder with a scalpel???)

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Love Grey’s….I know you really liked Hahn but she bugged the hell out of me…you are right about the "you are glasses" monologue …but I did do a happy dance to see her go. I am worried about the whole Izzy/Denny thing because it makes me think the writers are going to ruin the whole Alex/Izzy thing (which seems pretty good minus the dead fiancé part) and I don’t really see that relationship coming around for a third time…do you??? The Die and Death thing was pretty funny and Christina was just beside herself…I am not sure about Christina and the bad a$$ war surgeon with his fly by make out sessions. Did you see the preview for next week about the “he doesn’t need his appendix” can you say psycho?

Friday, November 14, 2008 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

thank you for the song name!!! I *actually* watched last night, because I'm back home, with my sister for a quick visit, which means that it is necessary to watch... which means I always have the cool songs stuck in my head!

Friday, November 14, 2008 6:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you - what ARE they doing with Denny?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE him and it makes me all warm and fuzzy just looking at him with his hands in his pockets....so adorable. But, I do not like Izzie making out with a ghost...and I don't want to see her go crazy again and start baking and not leaving the house.

I have a love/hate relationship with Alex's character. I could take him or leave him, but I like him when he's the nice Alex. I hope it is just that she is seeing Denny in Alex like you suggested...but I will keep watching to find out and I think that is the writer's point.

I hated Hahn and was glad to see her go. I like McSteamy with Callie, not Hahn. The whole basement surgery thing next week looks just sick. Little Grey is so irritating.

Oh, and the Army surgeon thing...he's a nice mix of dangerous and compassionate. I'd make out with him. ;)

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger BigOrangeDog said...

I hate the army surgeon character. Yuck. The whole bad-boy thing just doesn't work for me. And I have NO CLUE what is happening with Izzy. I don't want them to ruin the Izzy/Alex relationship already (well, preferable not ever, but that's unlikely with this show). It just started! I'm not much for the new intern's character... I kind of wish they would stick with the core characters they've got instead of adding a new one for a season, then offing them suddenly... Like, George hasn't had much storyline lately, and I like George.

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I heard rumors over the summer that Izzy or some cast member was going to get diagnosed with a brain tumor and this whole story line has me wondering if it is leading to that? Maybe when he says he is "here for Izzy", what he means is he is there to take her (death) or that maybe the hallucinations are a result of a tumor? Ok - I know, really stretching but those damned rumors got into my brain and I can't shake 'em. Hey - maybe *I* have a brain tumor.

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

I totally think Nicki's right -- she's dying and hallucinating.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I second (or third) the brain tumor theory. Well, maybe it's not a brain tumor, but I think she's dying and he's there to help her to make the "transition." There have been rumors for months that they'll kill Izzy off b/c Katherine Heigl wants off the show or because they're mad at her comments (take your pick). But it kills me (no pun intended) that poor Alex will be left all alone yet again. He'll never recover.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger bluefairy said...

I 'm starting to wonder if Izzie is going to be killed off...Denny kept saying, I'm here for you....I agree the writers need to be beat with a big stick!

Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter