Wednesday, November 12, 2008

But I Kind of Hate the Way It Smells

Last week I was in the pharmacy aisle at Kr0ger. I was looking for some Mederma or a similar product, because Lana has a small scar above her eye from where she ran into a shelf back in August. It healed badly, and when her school pictures arrived, it bothered me how noticeable the mark above her eye was.

At any rate, I stood in the pharmacy aisle, debating what product to try (and thinking that probably none of them would work), when I saw a bottle marked BIO-OIL. The packaging seemed odd and a little old-fashioned, but, it pulled me in with the mention that it could reduce the appearance of both scars and STRETCH MARKS. (If I haven't blogged before about the wretched stretch marks that pregnancy brought me, take my word for it. My abdomen, even almost 9 years later, looks like somebody poured hot boiling oil over it. It's bothered me for years, and I swear I have tried every product in the known universe, except for that strivectin cream that costs $190.)

So, I thought, 'well, I can try this on me AND Lana. It's worth a try. And $11.99.' So, I took it home and I tried it.

I have to say, it really seems to be working on Lana's scar, and also on a small scar I have on my cheek. (It is really small. I am probably the only one who would notice it, but, I do notice it, and it bothers me.) But, I am surprised about how well it does seem to work. I haven't noticed any improvement in my stretch marks yet, but, the bottle does say to use it twice a day for 3 months and these scars on my stomach are WICKED and DEEP.) (Makes me sound so attractive in a bikini, doesn't it?) (Not. ever. happening. Anywhere. I love the beach. I love the pool. And my pregnancy scars have driven me into a one-piece forever.)

I also like the way it makes my skin feel, I don't know how to describe it exactly, except that my skin feels nice. Really nice. The only drawback seems to be the smell. It has a distinct scent of...old, stale perfume. Which isn't a great feature.

But, for as nice as it's making my face look, I think I can put up with the scent.

(This is totally honest and no one paid me to do this review. I just think it's a pretty good product, and I have nothing else to blog about today!)

4 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

Oooh..I'm going to have to find some of this stuff! It might be just the thing for this icky scar I have on my hand, from when I cut it horribly last month.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Well, I want to hear from you in three months because I swear on my life, if it works, I'm slathering that $hit all over my a$$ and thighs twice a day for the rest of my life. I just have bad genes to blame. (I have the same amt of stretch marks now at a size 6(ish) as I did ten months ago as a size 2/4.) I'm not messin' around. I want a report!!! :)

Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm . . .I may have to try me some of that stuff. I mean, my stretch marks are pretty faded, but they are still so, just, THERE. But I'm not sure anything can get rid of that. Like Laura, I want a report! And I can't tell you how many times I've debated trying the Strivectin for the wrinkles taking over my face (those bother me more than the stretch marks), but the price tag . . . Anyway, a report in three months or whatever!

Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger niobe said...

Maybe I should take a look at this stuff. There's a scar that I'd love to get rid of....

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter