Sunday, July 20, 2008

Things My Children Have Accused Me Of Today

1. Forcing them to eat foods they hate.
Lawmommy pleads....not guilty. As hard as I try, I cannot "force" them to eat things. I keep putting various things in front of them, and pleading, and cajoling, and begging and bargaining, but, FORCING, per se...not so. It's not true! It's not like I'm prying their jaws open and sliding the food in! I swear. Despite the cajoling and bargaining, their diets are fairly limited to: fruit (all kinds), cheese (all kinds), milk, eggs, bread, noodles, plain chicken, plain pork, mac n' cheese, french fries, and broccoli. And tomatoes (for Lana) and cauliflower (for Gabe.)

2. Not being fair.
Lawmommy pleads..............not guilty. I try really, really hard to be fair. The fact remains that life isn't fair, but, I feel like I bend over backwards to make things fair. Today, they said it "wasn't fair" that I refused to buy popcorn when we went to see Wall*E. But, I didn't buy popcorn for ME, or THEM, so, it was FAIR. It just wasn't the outcome they wanted.

3. Eating all the cherry flavored skittles out of the dish of skittles in our kitchen.
Lawmommy pleads............well, GUILTY. Yes, I am totally guilty of that last one. It was me, I cannot lie. (Come on, the red ones are the BEST, everyone knows that.)

LM

4 Comments:

Blogger niobe said...

fruit (all kinds), cheese (all kinds), milk, eggs, bread, noodles, plain chicken, plain pork, mac n' cheese, french fries, and broccoli. And tomatoes (for Lana) and cauliflower (for Gabe.)

Well, minus the pork and plus a daily latte or two, that's pretty much what my diet is limited to. So, at least to me, it sounds like you're doing very well on this.

Monday, July 21, 2008 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger S. said...

My M. once made herself gag and throw up b/c I made her eat a lima bean. Yes, just like Mommy Dearest I made her sit at the table until she ate ONE lima bean. I am so mean. I always like the plumbers helper line from a Christmas Story.

I think its good for kids to learn that they don't always get popcorn at the movies--although it would certainly be a catastrophe in the eyes of most kids I know including my own.

Sometimes if they don't think you are an unfair mean mommy you aren't doing your job.

Not a skittles fan here...but yes, in general, red candy is the best!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I ALWAYS eat the red and purple candies first. Then comes the blue, orange, green, and finally, yellow... in that order! Color me OCD!!! haha

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The red ones are the best! Dude, I'm sending my 17 month old human garbage disposal over to your house to show those kids how to eat. :) It's not even normal what and how much this kid will eat. And while I'm on the topic, it's not normal that his tiny little a$$ stays so tiny. I'm pretty sure he actually eats more than me. He has gained three pounds in the last seven months. Me? 15. Hmmm. Anyway, funny post. :)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter