Just Another Manic Monday
Random notes for a Monday morning...
1. Friday night was a beautiful night. A gorgeous night, in fact. The moon was bright and mostly full and the air was just slightly chilly and not yet cold, it was a perfect night for walking through a corn maze. Unfortunately, a corn maze (or, as Husband likes to call them, a "maize maze") is an incredibly lousy place to discover one has food poisoning. Really, really bad. The maize maze was also 35 minutes from home. It was a very long drive home. By Saturday morning, I asked Husband to "take the weasel that was eating my intestines out of my abdomen and run it over with the car. Repeatedly." Can you believe he didn't comply with that request for his beloved?
2. Last night I watched Season 1, Episode 1 of Heroes. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME HOW GOOD THIS SHOW WAS? Okay, so, actually, probably several of you have told me, repeatedly, that this show is really, really good. I'm not sure I believed you. But, last night, insomnia plus Netflix "instant watch" feature = new addiction for Lawmommy.
3. I'm curious why my children have school on Columbus Day (which is fine, because it means I can come into my office and get some work done on a day that the banks and courts are closed, so, hopefully, a lot of uninterrupted work will get done today), but, why they DON'T have school two days next week, during which there are no holidays and no parent teacher conferences?
4. It is difficult to get into one's parking garage when the man who may or may not be the next President is speaking at the convention center across the street from said parking garage. However, a lot of policemen on horses will show up and mill around, and also a lot of very serious looking people in dark suits, which is interesting, but, frankly, a little smelly. (The horses, not the people in dark suits. And it's not so much the horses that are smelly...it's, the, uh, byproducts of the horses.). On the whole, I am glad to see so many people interested in the political process, but, I am worried about getting OUT of my parking garage and my commute home today.
5. Does anyone who has ever visited the amusement park mecca of Sandusky, Ohio have any strong opinions vis a vis, the several indoor water parks available in that city? I.e. which one would be the best one for an 8 year old, and almost 6 year old, and their parents?
That's all for now.