Monday, October 13, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Random notes for a Monday morning...

1. Friday night was a beautiful night. A gorgeous night, in fact. The moon was bright and mostly full and the air was just slightly chilly and not yet cold, it was a perfect night for walking through a corn maze. Unfortunately, a corn maze (or, as Husband likes to call them, a "maize maze") is an incredibly lousy place to discover one has food poisoning. Really, really bad. The maize maze was also 35 minutes from home. It was a very long drive home. By Saturday morning, I asked Husband to "take the weasel that was eating my intestines out of my abdomen and run it over with the car. Repeatedly." Can you believe he didn't comply with that request for his beloved?

2. Last night I watched Season 1, Episode 1 of Heroes. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME HOW GOOD THIS SHOW WAS? Okay, so, actually, probably several of you have told me, repeatedly, that this show is really, really good. I'm not sure I believed you. But, last night, insomnia plus Netflix "instant watch" feature = new addiction for Lawmommy.

3. I'm curious why my children have school on Columbus Day (which is fine, because it means I can come into my office and get some work done on a day that the banks and courts are closed, so, hopefully, a lot of uninterrupted work will get done today), but, why they DON'T have school two days next week, during which there are no holidays and no parent teacher conferences?

4. It is difficult to get into one's parking garage when the man who may or may not be the next President is speaking at the convention center across the street from said parking garage. However, a lot of policemen on horses will show up and mill around, and also a lot of very serious looking people in dark suits, which is interesting, but, frankly, a little smelly. (The horses, not the people in dark suits. And it's not so much the horses that are smelly...it's, the, uh, byproducts of the horses.). On the whole, I am glad to see so many people interested in the political process, but, I am worried about getting OUT of my parking garage and my commute home today.

5. Does anyone who has ever visited the amusement park mecca of Sandusky, Ohio have any strong opinions vis a vis, the several indoor water parks available in that city? I.e. which one would be the best one for an 8 year old, and almost 6 year old, and their parents?

That's all for now.

LM

8 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Though I have never been, a friend just took her kids to Kalahari and they really enjoyed it.

Monday, October 13, 2008 3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh food poisoning in a corn maze sounds positively horrifying. (little halloween allusion there for ya.) Glad you have recovered though.
I tried to watch heros once. The blond girl stuck her hand in a garbage disposal and turned it on (just to see what would happen) and I changed the channel. That was more than my vivid imagination could take.

Monday, October 13, 2008 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

My husband MADE me watch Season One of Heroes (I really fought it) and as it turns out, I liked it. What season are they on now? Two or three? I decided that if I'm going to watch the show, it will be on DVD a season at a time because I for some reason, although I liked it, I can't make myself sit down and watch it each week. Anyway, it really is a good show.

Monday, October 13, 2008 4:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have no idea what its called, but there is a great water park near the huge TGI Fridays thats a part of a hotel. Its got a wave pool and slides and tons of fun things

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard that Kalahari is great, but I have no first hand experience with it. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. You weren't in the Sarah Palin maze, were you????? LOL!

Monday, October 13, 2008 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

We've been to Castaway Bay and really liked it. Slides, pool, lazy areas, water playground, etc. The girls (prior to the twins joining our family) would have been 4 and 5. We all had a wonderful time.

I'd say it's good for a day-trip or one overnight. Not sure I'd plan it for more than a day and a half though as it is on the smaller size from what I hear of other parks.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger mam said...

It sounds aMAIZEingly horrible, your experience (Sorry to be so CORNy. I can hardly COBble together a sentence but can't pass up a pun).

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

I've posted here about Heroes before!!! I love that show and I rarely watch much TV at night....too much going on here. Sadly, I missed it last night.

Hope your feeling better.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter