Thursday, October 09, 2008

My Husband Hates the Last Post So Let's Talk About Something Else

Evidently Husband is not a fan of my prior post. So, let's move on to something else.

Although, based on a few comments and emails, I think I may have sounded overly harsh or judgmental about the prior topic. So, before I move on, I will say - I absolutely support women doing what women need to do to be sexually empowered and satisfied. So, if you are waxing your hoo-ha for your own benefit, please, by all means, carry-on and more power to you. (If, however, you are doing something painful to your body (be it waxing your hoo-ha or anything else) because SOMEONE ELSE has asked you to, I say, you have every right to demand that your significant other go wax his dangly bits before he asks you to do the same, and, quite frankly, to go tell him or her not to make painful requests of your private parts.)

As for me, I think that I will keep the wax above my waist. Above my neck...truthfully, the waxing of my eyebrows shall continue every 4 weeks or so, and that's pretty much going to be the extent of the hot wax that encounters any parts of Lawmommy.

Moving on...

I feel totally overwhelmed by just about everything right now. Spelling words. The financial crisis. Soccer practice. Trying to plan a three day weekend for my family. Trying to plan a birthday party.

I feel like there is this gigantic time suck, sucking away my day, and I feel like every evening is a race to get the kids fed, homeworked, and in bed at a reasonable hour, and then I am exhausted yet cannot sleep. Husband needs to fall asleep by 10:00 because he has to get up at 5:45, and I since I don't generally get up until 2 hours after him (because I stay home to put the kids on the bus at 8:40), I am not ready to fall asleep at 10:00, but, it would be nice to have a 10 minute uninterrupted conversation with him.

Last night I actually felt like cooking, and I wanted to make both dinner for last night, and also something to put in the crock pot for today's dinner, and I was trying to make Boeuf Bourguignon in one pot and Chicken Korma in the other, and, while I succeeded, I forgot to the start the rice for the chicken, and I was very hot and sticky and annoyed by the time Husband and Gabe got home from soccer practice at 7:30. (The upside of this is that I do have a crock pot full of red wine and beef yummy goodness in the slow cooker waiting for me at home, and I did eventually remember to start the rice and the Chicken Korma was just fine.) (The downside being that we didn't eat until almost 8:00 last night. And then it was a rush to get the kids in bed, who demanded a snack even though they had just eaten.)

(And, no, if you are wondering, neither of my kids will eat Chicken Korma or Boeuf Bourguignon and this means that they eat plain pieces of meat, plucked from the stew and RINSED OF any tasty residue, plain rice or noodles, and plain broccoli or cauliflower from the microwave, pretty much every night because neither of them will eat a damn thing in my entire cooking repertoire, and, frankly, it's starting to get old, this "keep some of the meat completely plain and without seasoning or sauce because the kids are insane and won't eat anything unless it is completely separate from all other things".) (To be honest, Lana would probably eat most of these things if she wasn't following her older brother's bad example. Go ahead and tell me this picky eater situation is my fault, I probably should have forced him to eat things that were mixed in with other things long ago. But, the fact is, I didn't, and I don't know how to undo it. Also...part of this might be genetic, as my grandfather, as much as well all loved him, was the EXACT SAME WAY about food.)

I'm not sure how this post went from the subject of the "time suck" to cooking...

Anyway, the time suck is sucking me in, until 10:00 or so, at which time I watch tv or read a book until I feel sleepy, and then I try to fall asleep and then I start worrying about things like the mortgage mess and the entire country of Iceland being on the brink of bankruptcy and the fact that at the courthouse yesterday morning a guy who greatly resembled the unabomber stood up, in a public forum, pointed his gnarly finger at me and said, "SHAME ON YOU." And walked out. Leaving me flustered and freaked out and trying to figure out what it was, precisely, that I was supposed to be ashamed of, all the while trying to continue to do the thing that I was in the middle of doing in a public forum in the courthouse in the first place. (As near as I can determine, the thing the man wanted me to be ashamed of was representing a bank, I think.)

Anyway, so because of these thoughts, I have trouble falling asleep, and when I finally do fall asleep I have strange dreams. (For example, recently I had a dream that our adoption agency called us and said that they had found a biological brother of Lana's who was 10 years old, and that we would have to adopt him or they would take Lana away from us and give her to a family who was willing to take both of them, and I was all, "BUT I DON'T WANNA ANOTHER CHILD! I JUST WANT TO KEEP THE TWO I HAVE," and there was wailing and gnashing of teeth and I woke up in a cold sweat.)

I have no idea where I'm going with this. See, wouldn't you rather I just blither on about beaver waxing and not the real stuff in my life?

I'm sorry. This is probably the MOST. BORING. POST. EVER.

Forgive me. I'll try to come up with something better tomorrow.

LM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time management with kids and work and school and after school activities is really difficult. And, stressful. Sorry you're dealing with this right now. I completely understand, oh how I understand, the sleeplessness. That totally blows!

Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, well I'm sorry about your time suck, but hey- you made Chicken Korma! Let's look at the upside here. That's one of my favorite dishes on earth. The fact that you had the forethought to actually have something in the cache for the crockpot tonight should also be applauded. I mean, I don't think about dinner until, oh about the time I remember I should have made something, usually that's when I'm rolling through the drive-through. Hang in there!

Thursday, October 09, 2008 3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am due with my second baby within the week. I used to wonder - why did people keep having babies through the Great Depression? Now I know - you just never know what is going to happen from one day to the next. Needless to say, as I am the sole money-earner in the household, I am also rather stressed....

Friday, October 10, 2008 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Spacemom said...

Time management? What the hell is that?

and my daughter will FINALLY eat white rice! She will eat plain pasta, white rice (not brown) and pb&j for dinner.

ugh!!!!

Friday, October 10, 2008 3:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to a lot of what you said here. Um, minus the creepy unabomber singling you out for shame. But that would definitely shake me up. (though it also sounds like a juvenile type practical joke to go around to various public places, stand up and point to a random stranger and yell "shame on you!". I'd never actually do it, but in an alternate universe it would make me giggle, in a totally immature 13 year old way...)

Monday, October 13, 2008 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I don't think you sounded harsh in your last post. I thought it was hilarious and given my personal experience (gone wrong), I loved it. Anyway, I'm sorry about the way you've been feeling. I get it to an extent. I feel like the current economic/market mess makes everyday life even more difficult. I hope things turn around for you.

Monday, October 13, 2008 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter