Saturday, October 11, 2008

Photo help? Please?

Hello Internets,

I know that there are some of you out there who know MUCH more about photography and scrapbooking than I do.

(Suffice it to say that I know next to nothing about these topics.)

Anyway, I received an email from our agency that Lana's annual report is due in their office on December 19, and we're instructed to send 5 to 10 photos mounted on 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper.

Here's what I want to know:

Is there a website/company that would allow me to put together a collage of photos in an 8.5 x 11 size and have it printed?

I looked for this at Walgreens.com, but, they only offer this service on an 11x14 sheet, which is not what I need...(and Walgreens is pretty much the only photo printing service I have used.)

Maybe such a thing is not possible. I just thought it would look nicer than my own pathetic and useless ability to mount photos attractively...

Thanks,
LM

10 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

You can do it yourself in Powerpoint if you use that...just cut-and-paste the photos into a slide (oriented portrait, not landscape), and then print on a color printer?

But that's not glossy photo quality, of course, so also Shutterfly.com can do an 8x10 collage for you: http://www.shutterfly.com/shop/product_c10504-p2404/Collage_Posters_8x10_Collage_Posters

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be able to send it to FedEx/Kinkos or whatever they are called these days.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we had to send photos for our dossier, we used the color photocopier at Kinkos. They looked really good!

Saturday, October 11, 2008 6:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do mine at home using Powerpoint. I create a slide & have my hubby print it at work using his photo quality printer.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I recently did a collage for my daughter's first day of school. I used the Kodak kiosk at my local Super Target. You can change backgrounds, add a title, etc. It printed in a 8.5x11 and cost about $5.00.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to shutterfly.com or Snapfish.com

Easy as pie.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Guard Wife said...

http://www.winkflash.com/content/pricelist.asp

I like winkflash too. 8x10 collage for $1.49--super easy!

Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do ours at home, with Publisher or Digital Image Pro (we get MS software really cheap!) - and then just print it on the color printer.
Alternatively, Costco will print stuff on various sized papers, I think.

Monday, October 13, 2008 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

This is cheesy but the way I do it is, I insert the photos onto a Word document, since that's the correct size. I make a text box, insert the photo, resize the photo, and print it off.

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

You can try resizing the photos and using your home or office printer with photopaper -- though probably at some sacrifice in quality. But I've occasionally used Walgreens and (as I recall), they offered a number of different sizes.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter