Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Mind Boggles

I'm not sure why I even bothered to click on a link that was titled something like,

"Eva Longoria Parker discusses her new rounder figure."

But, I did. And I am so regretting it.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/eva-longoria-parker-i-just-got-rounder/14107?nc

At which point, I wanted to walk into my conference room and throw myself off the ledge of our 22nd floor office, because, evidently, right now, a person who is a SIZE ZERO can be described as "round".

I am desperate, DESPERATE, to get back down a SIZE 10. A TEN. All of the walking and hula-hooping and points counting I have been trying so hard to do, I just REALLY, REALLY want to be a size 10 again.

Generally speaking, I look at the photos of myself from back when I was a 10, and I think, "I had a really nice body at that size, and that's the size I would like to be." (A size I have not seen since before Gabe was born, but, it's my goal.)

Now, I'm scratching my head and wondering how the hell one would describe a person who is a size 10 if a person who is size 0 (seriously? A Zero?) is "round".

Off to go bang my head against a wall for a while. (How many calories do you think I could burn that way?)

LM

8 Comments:

Blogger Spacemom said...

There is so much wrong with that article, I can't even start.

I am trying to lose 5-10lbs myself. Mostly because I have been there and can get there. BUT, I will never be a size 0 and think of myself as Round!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No joke! This reminds me of that girl from dancing with the stars, Cheryl, who was justifying her weight gain- 5 pounds! She was saying "I'll never be a zero. I am a four and I can be happy with that!" A four! I could be happy with that, too! Ecstatic, in fact. I could be ecstatic with a 4, 6, 8,..

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the number 0 is round. That's about as far as I can go with that. Personaly I think "0" should not even be a size - 0 means "nonexistant" - how can a person be a nonexistant size?! I think it's sick how hollywood makes nonexistant waists to be the ideal - to me it looks sickly and wrong. I say every woman should really be "round" - healthy and with a little meat on her bones!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Well, I think you'd burn more calories if you'd bang HER head against a wall...or the journalist's who wrote that. Just something to consider...

M

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Terynn said...

You warned me, but I went and looked at the photo anyway. sheesh.

And I gotta agree with Christina...every woman *should* be round, healthy, curvy.

Lawmommy, ask your Teacherhubby. I'm betting he's fine with curves.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

Why did I click the link????????ARGH

So DEPRESSING...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you want to hear it or not...but...you are gorgeous just the size you are. I knew you when you were a size ten and I know you now and you are stunning! (Hopefully I didn't just freak you out.) I would give my size for your humor, passion, writing ability, or intelligence any day!! I guess the grass is always greener...

~CB

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger JenandAsh said...

I looked at the picture and see hardly any difference than from what she usually looks like. I wouldn't call her "rounder", maybe a little extra in her face?

I will say that I naturally fall at a size 0 (not now, now I am 36 weeks pregnant, and am obviously more round). I am healthy, and I have meat on my bones ladies, I'm just petite, always have been. I exist too, so does my waist! My husband would even say I have curves!

We should all be concentrating on what is the healthiest we can each be as individuals, regardless of what size we are.

Friday, October 17, 2008 8:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter