Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Mind Boggles

I'm not sure why I even bothered to click on a link that was titled something like,

"Eva Longoria Parker discusses her new rounder figure."

But, I did. And I am so regretting it.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/eva-longoria-parker-i-just-got-rounder/14107?nc

At which point, I wanted to walk into my conference room and throw myself off the ledge of our 22nd floor office, because, evidently, right now, a person who is a SIZE ZERO can be described as "round".

I am desperate, DESPERATE, to get back down a SIZE 10. A TEN. All of the walking and hula-hooping and points counting I have been trying so hard to do, I just REALLY, REALLY want to be a size 10 again.

Generally speaking, I look at the photos of myself from back when I was a 10, and I think, "I had a really nice body at that size, and that's the size I would like to be." (A size I have not seen since before Gabe was born, but, it's my goal.)

Now, I'm scratching my head and wondering how the hell one would describe a person who is a size 10 if a person who is size 0 (seriously? A Zero?) is "round".

Off to go bang my head against a wall for a while. (How many calories do you think I could burn that way?)

LM

9 Comments:

Blogger Spacemom said...

There is so much wrong with that article, I can't even start.

I am trying to lose 5-10lbs myself. Mostly because I have been there and can get there. BUT, I will never be a size 0 and think of myself as Round!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous char said...

No joke! This reminds me of that girl from dancing with the stars, Cheryl, who was justifying her weight gain- 5 pounds! She was saying "I'll never be a zero. I am a four and I can be happy with that!" A four! I could be happy with that, too! Ecstatic, in fact. I could be ecstatic with a 4, 6, 8,..

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Christina said...

Well the number 0 is round. That's about as far as I can go with that. Personaly I think "0" should not even be a size - 0 means "nonexistant" - how can a person be a nonexistant size?! I think it's sick how hollywood makes nonexistant waists to be the ideal - to me it looks sickly and wrong. I say every woman should really be "round" - healthy and with a little meat on her bones!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Well, I think you'd burn more calories if you'd bang HER head against a wall...or the journalist's who wrote that. Just something to consider...

M

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Terynn said...

You warned me, but I went and looked at the photo anyway. sheesh.

And I gotta agree with Christina...every woman *should* be round, healthy, curvy.

Lawmommy, ask your Teacherhubby. I'm betting he's fine with curves.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

Why did I click the link????????ARGH

So DEPRESSING...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you want to hear it or not...but...you are gorgeous just the size you are. I knew you when you were a size ten and I know you now and you are stunning! (Hopefully I didn't just freak you out.) I would give my size for your humor, passion, writing ability, or intelligence any day!! I guess the grass is always greener...

~CB

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger JenandAsh said...

I looked at the picture and see hardly any difference than from what she usually looks like. I wouldn't call her "rounder", maybe a little extra in her face?

I will say that I naturally fall at a size 0 (not now, now I am 36 weeks pregnant, and am obviously more round). I am healthy, and I have meat on my bones ladies, I'm just petite, always have been. I exist too, so does my waist! My husband would even say I have curves!

We should all be concentrating on what is the healthiest we can each be as individuals, regardless of what size we are.

Friday, October 17, 2008 8:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 中国公文网 工作总结 个人工作总结 班主任工作总结 年终工作总结 工作报告 政府报告 述职报告 述廉报告 考察报告 自查报告 情况报告 调研报告 调查报告 申请报告 辞职报告 实习报告 评估报告 工作汇报 思想汇报 汇报材料 情况通报 情况汇报 心得体会 学习心得 工作心得 培训心得 读后感 演讲稿 竞聘演讲 就职演讲 比赛演讲 征文演讲 节日演讲 演讲技巧 工作意见 活动策划 工作方案 整改方案 实施方案 企划文案 销售方案 培训方案 应急预案 规章制度 法律法规 事迹材料 先进事迹 个人事迹 申报材料 学习材料 考察材料 经验材料 交流材料 自我鉴定 模板范例 技巧经验 工作计划 民主生活会 入党志愿书 入党申请书 入团申请书 转正申请书 通知 毕业论文 合同

Friday, October 17, 2008 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter