Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random

I've had the bass line from this song stuck in my head for three days. I couldn't figure out what the song was, because I didn't have the lyrics stuck in my head, just the back beat. It was driving me crazy.

On my way into work this morning it finally came on the radio and I was able to figure out what song it was. I don't usually like Kanye West, but, I think this is almost hypnotic. I like it. A lot. And hence I have been listening to it all day. (Also, this video was put up Universal Music Group, so, I don't even feel guilty linking to it, since I think the content is all legally and officially posted by the label.)



*******************************************



A few months ago, Elaine was in my neck of the woods, and I had the pleasure of meeting her for lunch. Since we had seven children between us, we went to Wendy's. (Wendy's is a pretty safe bet for seven kids until 10.) Because there were seven children. someone from Wendy's came out and gave all our kids balloons.

Last night, I took Gabe and Lana to Wendy's while Husband was at a board meeting. While we were eating, Lana said, "How come nobody gave us any balloons?"

And Gabe answered, somewhat wistfully "Well, I bet if mommy's friend was here, her friend with all those kids...probably they would bring us balloons if SHE were here."

And I, not remembering specifically about the balloons from that day, said, "What friend with all the kids?" (Although, aside from my sister (mom of 5) I don't have that many friends who have more than 2 kids, and if Gabe was talking about my sister, he just would have said, "Aunt S~".

So, Gabe answered, "You know, she had all those girls and that baby who looks like Lana." (I don't think that Lana and Elaine's baby look much alike, but, that's just me.)

And I said, "Oh. Elaine," and both Gabe and Lana said, "yeah, if 'Laine was here, we would get balloons for sure!"

Apparently, she is not just Elaine, she is Magical Procurer of Balloons. Just so she knows, she has a lot to live up to, if she comes to town again...

***********************

I had a glitch in my child support calculation program this morning, and it told me that the father was going to have to pay NEGATIVE THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in child support to the mother. Per month.

NEGATIVE. THIRTEEN THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

How do you suppose one pays negative thirteen thousand dollars a month?

The glitch got fixed. (Evidently, my program had decided that the guy was paying 225% of his income in local income taxes.) (That's quite a tax burden.)

Doncha love technology?

LM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they bring balloons out? I don't remember. Ha ha! The funny thing is I have a helium tank and a bunch of balloons in my garage, so if my brain actually remembers this past tomorrow I COULD be the Magical Procurer (or bringer) of Balloons.

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

Oh funny! See what the power of many can get you??? LOL

Everyday's a party for the maxhelcal crew! We once had a person from the newspaper approach us in the Olive Garden wanting to do a little story on us after watching our kids at dinnner. He couldn't believe how well mannered they were! :-) Wish it were true all the time...we decided to refrain but felt pretty honored to be asked. Large groups of children certainly do draw attention.

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

mmmm, child support... our court system has this fabulous online calculator. Plug-n-play.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter