Monday, July 21, 2008

What you never knew you needed...

If you take a good look at this photo, you will see that it is composed of Husband, Gabriel, Lana, and a mannequin, standing in front of a store in Seattle.

Are you looking at the photo closely?

Yes, the mannequin is wearing a kilt and the store is called Utilikilts.

Yes, I'm totally serious. It's a real store. Full of kilts. With pockets.

It seems that the reason more men don't wear kilts is because...um...kilts don't traditionally have pockets?

But, now, with a Utilikilt, men can wear a kilt AND carry a hammer around at the same time?

Well, okay, I can see a small point here: skirts, generally speaking, don't have pockets. And THAT might be why women carry purses. I think that there is an unexplored chicken-and-egg argument to be made here. (If skirts had pockets, would women carry purses? Or is it because women carry purses that skirts don't have pockets?)

Anyhoo, the Utilikit would seem to solve the 'men don't carry purses'/skirt/pocket problem, and make un-bifurcated pants (which, when you think about it, is a SKIRT), available to all...with pockets.

I'm pretty sure any man wearing a utilikilt would be shot on sight in my not-so-forward thinking town. (I do live in a city where a man was SHOT IN THE FACE recently while riding his bicycle to work to save on gas), but, if you're living in a more progressive part of the country, more power to the kilt-wearer in you.

(Incidentally, there is a FABULOUS toy store across the street from the Utilikit store called The Magic Mouse, and, if you are in Seattle to buy a kilt at Utilikilts, you should definitely check out The Magic Mouse as well.)

LM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm pretty sure my husband would shoot HIMSELF in the face if he found himself wearing a Utilikilt. LOL!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I was going to say what Elaine did, but she beat me to it. But I'll add that if my husband didn't shoot himself in the face, I'd do it for him. I'm all sorts of progressive and forward thinking, but if I'm being honest, I don't want to see my husband in a skirt. There's something creepy about him being able to LIFT UP HIS SKIRT to engage in certain activities, such as going to the bathroom, and, um, ew. Not going there.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Anne K. said...

I must confess, I actually find a man in a kilt pretty damn sexy in the proper context (i.e., a Celtic festival or an old movie.) I loved the massive kiltage in "Braveheart." I am most definitely no longer a Mel Gibson fan ... but back in the day, I sure did enjoy see him sport a kilt.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a terribly violent place where you live. Are your locals so hateful that they would actually shoot someone just because they dressed differently?And for the others, just how would your husbands find themselves wearing a utilikilt? Do they often put on clothing they don't intend to?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter