Thursday, October 23, 2008

Baby, You're the Best*

I do believe my Husband deserves some kind of Super Husband Award for what he did yesterday.

Allow me to sing his praises:

Yesterday, I had a Ladies' Night Out with some of my Girlfriends. I went straight from work to the restaurant, where I had miso soup and salad with ginger dressing and teriyaki scallops and a glass of plum wine with a side of awesome conversation. (Although we sat at one of those tables where you sit on the floor on tatami mats, only at this restaurant, you dangle your feet into a hole beneath the table, and, honestly, all of us had our feet fall asleep by the end of the meal. I don't recommend this kind of seating arrangement.)

Anyway, I had forgotten that TODAY is the day that our cleaning lady comes. And you know, that on the day BEFORE the cleaning lady comes is the day that you have to clean up all of your crap so that the cleaning lady can actually CLEAN.**

So, when I came home last night at 9:15, Husband had, in fact, remembered that the cleaning lady was coming, and had somehow managed to do all of the following: declutter the house, take the kids to dinner, AND take the kids to a cub scout meeting (one of the big ones, a whole pack meeting, which is not something that I have ever been able to do because being with that many 7 to 12 year old boys in one place makes me hyperventilate.)

I KNOW. He is SuperGuy. He needs a cape.

If I weren't already married to him, I would totally want him to be my boyfriend.

LM

*Carly Simon, Nobody Does It Better

**I am a terrible housekeeper. I know this about myself. Which is why we have a housekeeper that comes twice a month. I love her, and I feel like having her help helps us to make our house feel more like home and less like a cluttered mess. (Incidentally, E~ at Ordinary Time had a really interesting post last week about the difference between and housekeeping and homemaking. It's worth a read.)

6 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

Hey, found you via Blonde Justice. You do have an awesome Husband!!

You sound like me..I'm totally incapable of cleaning. I never get that cleaning "bug" that other people seem to get on random rainy weekends!

Friday, October 24, 2008 2:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. I am impressed. Like very impressed! You are one lucky woman - but then, you knew that already. :-)

Friday, October 24, 2008 9:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG plum wine...I drool over the very words. I could not read any further than plum wine. I might have a drinking problem. I probably have a drinking problem.

Friday, October 24, 2008 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger thecurryseven said...

I've had seasons of life where we had a cleaning lady, and I'm still not sure the stress beforehand was worth the cleanliness afterward. Of course, now I have more than a few able bodied helpers who have become pretty good at bathroom cleaning, so now I have stressless clean.

Also, thanks for mentioning my blog.

E

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

We did the cleaning lady thing for a while when I was working outside the home after Bronte came home but quite honestly, I would clean way too much before she came and she didn't do anything as good as I liked it. I'm a total anal pain in the butt when it comes to the house though. Seriously, I know I have a problem. I even iron underwear. Yeah, 7 children and I'm ironing underwear.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

You guys are totally sweet!
I know I was impressed when he let Lana climb over him, over and over again during our visit. You married a good man. There are a few out there...I have one myself. ;-)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter