Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The O is for Ohio, Idiot

I swore I wasn't going to get political on my blog.

I am all for civil discourse and agreements to disagree.

I am hopeful that the next eight years will be better than the last eight years.

But, when Idiot Radio Talking Heads start making up absolute and ridiculous lies about EITHER candidate, I get ticked.

We have enough to worry about in this election talking about ACTUAL ISSUES. (Like the WAR in Iraq, and WHERE IS OSAMA BIN LADEN? and WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE ECONOMY?)

So, please. LISTEN TO ME. I am only going to say this once.

OBAMA DID NOT CREATE A NEW OBAMA FLAG.


The flag he is standing in front of is the FLAG OF THE GREAT STATE OF OHIO. O~H~I~O. (And all those Ohio State grads out there are now sing-songing "oh" "aich" "eye" "oh" and waiving their arms over their heads. You have to. It's an obligation and a compulsion from which you cannot escape.)

Anyway, the flag has been the flag for our state since 1902. It is NOT a flag created by the Obama campaign, Obama is not that kind of crazy maniacal egomaniac and I wish people would stop talking ridiculousness about it and get back to discussing actual issues.

That's all.

LM

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people..."
- "Banditos" by The Refreshments

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Cris and Em said...

i can't stop myself " O - H - I - O"

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I heard that on tv a few days ago and almost died. That is the funniest damned thing and it makes me laugh each time I read about it! At this point all you can do it crack up, right? Hahah - his own flag.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, all the conservative blogs I read said that the very day that stuff started going around. There are stupid people everywhere and clearly lots of people don't know all the state flags. But you do have to forgive them, after all Obama did design his own Pre-Presidentail Seal (click link to see photo, not an endorsement of the blog which I've never read and just found on a google image search).

Ya gotta admit, politics sure does make life entertaining at times! :-)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, my writing skills are seriously lacking today! "Said that" = "Said it was the Ohio state flag and NOT an Obama flag".

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Every once in a while, someone makes me feel like the most brilliant person on earth. Seriously.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

that is hilarious!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

hehehe That's funny.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter