Tuesday, December 02, 2008

No Pox

Well, she doesn't have chicken pox. She also does not have measles.

Unfortunately, exactly WHAT it is that caused the spots remains a mystery. The doctor says, "either an allergic reaction to something, or bug bites of some kind, or an allergic reaction to bug bites."

One of my uncles ~ a doctor who spends most of his time treating AIDS patients in sub-Saharan Africa but who is back in the States for a few months (no, I'm not making that up) ~ has assured me that he's "pretty sure it's not serious". (However, when I contemplate his particular definition of serious...that doesn't really make me feel any better.)

But, the good news is, no pox.

LM

5 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Yay! What a relief for you :)

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:03:00 PM  
Blogger BigOrangeDog said...

I hate to even bring this up, but our local paper just ran an article about how 'bed bugs' are experiencing a resurgence. Totally yuck, but something to consider. I have the creepy-crawlies from just thinking about it...

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe and I both got a couple of mystery bumps on our bellies a few months ago, but we only got a couple each. They just went away and we never figured out what it was.

When I mentioned on my blog that we had these mystery bumps and showed a picture of Zoe's (a photo of my belly is not fit for publication) someone suggested it was a staph infection. I'm kinda thinking your uncle the doctor would have thought of that though.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she sick otherwise? It isn't Fifths Disease, is it? I'm sure your doc would have thought of that. It's just the prime season..

Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger KG said...

Oh no - I HATE mystery diagnoses! It's good that there's no pox (I browsed through your previous post), but really, I HATE those mystery diseases!

Good luck!

Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter