Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekend of Joy and Sorrow

You already know why this weekend was sorrowful for me.

It was also a weekend of tremendous joy.

Here was the joyful part.




Lana is sad in this picture because she wants a piece of cake. There are lots of children gathered around the cake. They were like puppies. It wasn't much later that the cake was cut.



My mother made the cake. It was AMAZING. And stunning. And she announced she wasn't making another cake for a VERY. LONG. TIME. (She made all of our wedding cakes (mine and five siblings. My brother who got married on Saturday is the last of the six of us to tie the knot.)

I love this photo of my little sister and her son.


Lana and I. (I am upset because I don't have a single good photo of Gabe from the wedding.)



Husband and I at the church before the service.

Remind me to tell you the story of my wardrobe malfunction. It is a funny story, and I'm not feeling so funny right now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cake! And I love your dress, and Lana's dress... beautiful, just beautiful. Congratulations to your brother and his new wife!

Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the story of the wardrobe malfunction (do we get to call you Janet now?). You and Lana look absolutely beautiful. I love the red dresses.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger S. said...

the cake is beautiful. and so are you! What a pretty color dress.

Monday, December 08, 2008 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger mam said...

Great photos -- I love your nephew and sister; he looks like he's just pulled off a John-Travolta-type move, sliding across the dance floor on his knees. Glad the wedding came off so beautifully!

Monday, December 08, 2008 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Great photos. The cake is amazing - your mom has talent - and the bridesmaid dresses are pretty. You look great!

Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

Ditto! Gorgeous cake and gorgeous you in that dress! You look stunning in that color....sorta Marilyn Monroe-esk.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter